Tuesday, September 20, 2011

This calls for introductions...

Since I am beginning this blog for the masses (or two people) to read for their enjoyment, I figured I would introduce myself. I believe it is slightly weird and uncomfortable for complete and total strangers to be diving into my life without knowing at least three or four facts about myself or the point behind 'the jennifer diaries'


When I was a small child, unlike other females my age, I was awful at keeping a diary. Nothing interesting happened usually, so why pencil in a day that was not memorable or even slightly amusing. I did not want to remember my bad haircut, my bad and overgrown eyebrows, or the fact that zero classmates of the opposite sex found me charming. I was not funny or cute for that matter so I wouldn't even consider myself charming... I think that is an expected trait for young, italian girls - you will be cursed with a horrible haircut and bad facial hair till the age of 16 (note to self: burn photos before senior year of high school). My mother was also not one of those people to go into my room and read my diary & my sister hated me - the point of having a diary is to have someone read it behind your back and I didn't even have that. Plus, the best thing in there would be the day I got in trouble in 2nd grade for sharing my vocabulary answers with L.J. which resulted in standing alone in the middle of the carpet for 10 minutes....I know, rebel status. 


Back to the purpose of 'the jennifer diaries'- I have decided now that at the age of twenty one, I will share my days with whomever wants to read them and this is a sort of experiment for my own personal gain.
I am currently in graduate school for a program I am not even sure will be rewarding in the end and I have just started a job in higher education, which I find amusing to say the least. I love learning, arts&crafts, talking, nail polish, ballerina flats, curled hair, audrey hepburn, bows, gold jewelry, and anything that comes in blush pink - I didn't promise this blog would be free of annoying, glamorous qualities!





I am hoping to have at least one follower by the end of november 2011... it is september 20, 2011 - 
let the games begin.

1 comment: